Rate: PAYE: £24.00 LTD: £29.88
Long Term Contract.
9 to 5 (37 hours a week)
My client are currently recruiting for an Engineer for a role based in Yate. The ideal candidate will be responsible for design of strategic highway civil engineering works. The candidate will need to have experience in using AutoCAD and MX as it essential that they know how to use these for this role. The candidate will be responsible for the provision of expert technical advice and support as part of a team undertaking infrastructure asset management service delivery including assessments, outline/detail design, implementation, and monitoring of programmes and specific projects or activities.
- Provide specialist advice to customers on interpreting and applying policies and technical principles ensuring that effective customer relationships are established and maintained by giving clear and accurate advice quickly, making sure that the Council is aware of any implications, risks and benefits and that policy proposals are developed. If relevant, provide expert witness evidence.
- Prepare and present reports as required on a range of technical issues ensuring that they meet Council guidelines, are completed on time and the Council’s position is advocated.
- If relevant: assist in the supervision and development of a team. Co-ordinate, allocate and check the work of teams, ensuring that performance objectives are achieved and team work is effective
- Give technical guidance and training to team members and other colleagues and partners as required.
- You will have a relevant professional or equivalent degree level qualification or equivalent relevant experience.
- You will have relevant practical experience, backed by evidence of appropriate specialist knowledge.
- You will demonstrate authoritative knowledge of the specialist area.
- You will have good persuasion and influencing skills.
- Compile design risk assessment and management measures.
- To liaise with statutory undertakers to arrange diversion/protection works to accommodate new scheme.
- To carry out other duties which are commensurate with the grade of the post.
Full driving license is required for the role and HND/HNC or equivalent qualification plus significant relevant experience.
Please call 0117 917 4560 and Ask for Courtleigh if you have any questions about the role.