Our client is a leading main contractor with an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to join their team on a permanent basis to support the leadership team and manage all members of the substructure team including supply chain in accordance with the construction management pan for a Station development on behalf of HS2.
To ensure performance management process and ensure the appropriate training is planned and delivered
- Be responsible for both short form and long form report outlining the progress of the works, actual cost, forecast and highlighting any problems and issues for resolution. Attend progress meetings with Client (and deputise for the HS2 Station Lead as required)
- Responsible for the co-ordination between the construction, design, procurement and commercial departments to ensure the substructure sub-contracts are awarded and work started in accordance with the schedule of works.
- To create a high performing substructure team through the setting of clear SMART targets via the team plan and complying with the performance management process for all team members.
- Promote and deliver a collaborative environment throughout all members of the team including stakeholders and the supply chain. Establish and maintain site organisation and facilitate effective communications between the Employer’s representatives
- Receipt of instruction from the client Construction Manager. Ensure a clear understanding of levels of authority to receive instructions by the client Construction Manager or Supervisor and receipt of other contractual communication within the team and supply chain.
It is essential you have experience working with major infrastructure clients e.g. TFL etc.