Housing Options Officer
Purpose of the role
- To provide housing advice and assistance to prevent homelessness.
- To investigate Homelessness applications.
- To assist in assessing housing applications and deciding on nominations and allocations to permanent housing.
- To work in partnership with outside agencies, RPs and other departments to resolve clients’ housing problems.
- Good understanding of housing advice, options and homelessness, including law relating to landlord and tenant relationships, prevention of eviction, harassment, basic guidance on money advice, the Matrimonial Homes Act, domestic violence, Children Act, proactive advice on other housing issues, e.g. disrepair, grants.
- Good working knowledge of the role and services offered by other internal and external agencies
- Some experience of working with clients who have alcohol and drug related issues, or mental health issues
- Understanding of housing legislation and the Common Housing Register.
- Initially 3 month temporary contract
- £18.58 per hour
- Newbury, Berkshire
Please apply as soon as possible or call Olivia on 0117 917 4560