Job Title: Warranty Electrical Technician
Grade of role (if known/applicable): None
Position Summary: This role would require the individual to ensure that all customer electrical warranty returns are analysed/tested in detail to confirm the faults and identify whether or the Customer are liable for the cost of the warranty. The information would then be input onto the Company’s database. The individual will also be required to write a work instruction for each type of electrical component returned to the Company and to keep these instructions up to date.
Key Accountabilities / responsibilities:
1. Carry out hands-on inspection and diagnostics of electrical components within agreed timescales.
2. To input results from inspection and diagnosis onto the Company Database in a clear and technical manner.
3. To communicate information as required to the Electrical, Engineering and Warranty Departments.
4. Ensure all products flow through the warranty department in a timely manner by organising components that are received and ensuring, once tested, that they are passed on accordingly.
5. Be present in the Test House to assess components and gather information as required when certain items need testing whilst products are on the Test Bed.
6. Write simple working instructions by gaining help and assistance from the Electrical, Engineering and Warranty Department.
7. Undertake special projects as required.
8. Contribute to continuous improvement activities.
9. Chase up any outstanding reports as needed.
10. To ensure that waste is disposed of in the correct manner.
11. To report any near misses.
12. To comply with Company and statutory Quality, Health & Safety, Environmental and HR policies and procedures. Person Specification Consider what is essential and what is desirable
Background & Experience:
• The ability to communicate well with others at all levels
• To work to deadlines
• Have a high level of organisational skills
• To contribute to the Warranty Team
• To have a friendly approach when working with others
• Take on any other reasonable responsibilities or tasks that are within the employee's skills and abilities.
• Shows moral courage, openness and honesty in all dealings
• Ability to present data effectively by using Word and Excel
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Wanting to constantly learn from experience gained and proactively seeking further knowledge of the products
• Willing to undergo training as appropriate and required
• GCSE Level A-C, A Level or NVQ level 2 qualification
• Automotive Electrical knowledge
• Would suit an individual that has just completed an Automotive Electrical Apprenticeship or has basic Automotive Electrical Experience
Previous experience in rail or automotive industry would be an advantage