Mobile Authorised Person
£36,000 - £42,000 + car or car allowance
Contact Helen Phillips
My client a National FM provider is looking for a technically qualified Mechanical or Electrical Engineer to undertake duties as an Authorised Person across and number of areas as part of the safe systems of work policies and procedures. This offers a fantastic opportunity to undertake relevant training and qualifications such as High Voltage, Boilers & Pressures and Petroleum systems.
Technical duties will include but are not limited to:
- Oversee the effective, compliant and timely delivery of maintenance and response works in accordance with statutory legislation and MoD Mandatory requirements, complying with all Health and Safety and Environmental standards and policies.
- Monitor Supply Chain work teams to ensure suitably qualified and experienced operatives are directed to relevant tasks and ensure that all operatives have appropriate vehicles, equipment and skills to perform relevant tasks.
- Monitor Supply Chain service delivery, value for money, quality and safe working to ensure all performance indicators are consistently achieved.
- Review Risk Assessments and Method Statements to ensure they are to an acceptable standard and, where required, act as Method Statement Coordinator to ensure a consistent approach at site.
- Record all tasks against the appropriate assets in the WorkManager system, including work in progress and completed job inspections, and ensure all documentation relating to maintenance and response works is completed, recorded and distributed in a timely manner.
- Review site risk registers, follow maintenance and management processes and notify Management of any defects on equipment or systems.
- Ensure, as far as reasonably practical, that all persons on site observe the requirements of JSP 375, work closely with the Mobile Authorised Persons team to ensure compliance and, where required, deliver the requirements for Working at Height and/or Confined Spaces appointments.
- Ensure compliance with the Asbestos register and management plan and, where required, take on the duties of Asbestos Responsible Person.
- Ensure compliance with the Legionella management plan and, where required, take on the duties of Legionella Responsible Person.
- All other duties as resonably required
Training & Qualifications
- HNC, or equivalent, level qualification in an Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline or equivalent experience
- Management level qualification in H&S and Environment (e.g. SMSTS)
- Developed IT skills (e.g. Excel, Word etc.)
- Accredited training qualification in Asbestos Responsible Person, Legionella Responsible Person, Authorised Person Training, Emergency First Aid, Fire Safety
- Demonstrable experience of managing and supervising staff in Construction, Property Maintenance or related field including:
- Management of the operational delivery of Estate Management tasks
- Leading an operational team to achieve KPIs
- Management of Safe Systems of Work
Significant practical experience in Construction, Property Maintenance or related field.
This is a mobile position covering a specific compact geographical delivery area therefore a car allowance or vehicle will be provided.