Pay Rate: £17.42
Long term contract
37.5 hours a week
My client are currently recruiting for a role working as Navigator based in the Bournemouth & Poole area. A Navigator provides intensive personalized support to clients who are rough sleeping in their by adopting a flexible, creative and personalised approach, the aim to support individuals to support those who are rough sleeping through their journey housing and supporting positive improvement in their quality of life.
- To be responsible for the day to day delivery of the service; managing a maximum caseload of 10 clients with the overall goal of supporting them to sustain a new tenancy.
- You will be responsible for managing your own caseload and hours and will require excellent time management skills, a proactive approach to your work and the ability to prioritise.
- To provide support to clients, tailored to individual needs and aspirations, with clients being able to choose, as far as possible, what, how and when support is delivered.
- To contact and build and maintain pro-active working relationships with clients on case load.
- To offer a personalised service to each client and liaise with other agencies or specialist workers where appropriate.
- To advocate, where appropriate, on behalf of clients with external agencies regarding their welfare rights, Primary Health Care needs and other issues affecting their health and wellbeing.
- To take a pro-active role in promoting awareness of the Service and related issues within the community and businesses of the specific Areas/Boroughs.
- Helping vulnerable homeless and/or formerly homeless people to identify personal goals and supporting them through a process of change.
- Managing complex and difficult situations in relation to people.
- Liaising with and co-ordinating the work of a number of individuals and/or agencies to achieve effective outcomes.
If you would like more information please call 0117 917 4560 and ask Courtleigh.