£35,000 - £41,000
High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire
Contact Helen Phillips
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join a leading FM company working on their PFI Projects in Buckinghamshire.
As the Quantity Surveyor you will be responsible for carrying out the commercial duties on their projects ensuring that their contractual and commercial position is protected and financial performance is achieved.
Duties as Quantity surveyor will include but are not limited to:
- Use the CAFM platform to demonstrate our value to our clients.
- Identify, manage, reduce and drive out unnecessary costs and inefficient activities
- Identify, manage and continually demonstrate the value of their service to their clients through effective use of Management Information.
- Maximise cash flow through timely preparation of valuations, submission of invoices and receipt of payment
- Develop high level of understanding of planning, programming and works order tracking to ensure accurate progress reporting
- Fully understand the project measures and performance criteria and influence the performance of our suppliers and teams against these metrics.
- Develop comprehensive understanding of financial models including cashflow; turnover forecasts and project profit / loss statements
- Manage and report on the clients budget as required within the contract and constantly strive to improve the value of the service we provide.
- Assist in the prompt preparation and settlement of all accounts.
- Ensure the prompt identification of risks in projects and implement risk management techniques, risk registers and actions plans to mitigate the risks
- Procure services and materials in an efficient manner
- All other QS duties as reasonably required through to final accounts
You must have working experience as a Quantity Surveyor within a Facilities Management, Construction etc. or similar environment. Experience working on PFI or Healthcare projects would be beneficial. You will be qualified to Degree level within a Quantity Surveyor or similar discipline and be a member of a professional boy (MRICS).
You will be fully IT literate with excellent communication skills.