Are you experienced in bid creation, ideally within an engineering environment?
Have you seen through the tendering process at large infrastructure/commercial organisations, as part of a team selling capital equipment solutions into them?
We're looking for a Tendering Engineer to work with one of the worlds largest independent manufacturer of generators above 20MVA.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- To work with the Sales Manager on identifying and assessing all incoming product enquiries.
- Manage operational aspects of a technical and commercial tender, preparing documentation for handover to project managers. Provide project managers with price contract variations.
- To develop, in association with the appropriate Sales Manager, effective project campaign plans for targeted project opportunities, drawing upon Company and external resource in accordance with Company policy on pricing and commercial conditions, providing excellent customer service and a timely tender turnaround times, exploiting all available opportunities.
- To co-ordinate internal Company communications with various departments for the creation, preparation and issue of Tender Approval Forms (TAFs), firm and final quotations; using standardised tender formats.
- Maintain and develop existing and new customers, working with Sales Managers, Customer Services Managers and Project Managers to assess customer satisfaction on all projects completed and future sales opportunities, including pre-order design reviews.
- To utilise and update the Company EMS system (“Microsoft CRM”) as required during the course of executing the defined responsibilities.
- Responsibility for maintaining excellent levels of customer satisfaction and for meeting KPI’s.
- Minimise Company’s exposure to liabilities.
- To ensure that all applicable Company Standing Instructions, including safety, are personally complied with.
- To assist other members of the department with their workload during periods of holiday, sickness or heavy overload.
- To advise on training requirements as required.
- Comply with Health, Safety and Environmental policies, procedures and with compliance audits.
- All other reasonably requested duties.
- Product knowledge of generators
- HND in Electrical Engineering
- Proven track record in a similar role within a capital plant business, ideally electrical engineering
- Extensive experience in commercial business
- Able to analyse issues and generate solutions to resolve problem and issues
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to multitask
- Flexible approach
- Proven track record in developing and maintaining highly effective working relationships at all levels
- Customer focus
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Proven commercial awareness
- Result driven
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal
- Ability to work with all recognised IT systems, including advanced proficiency of use in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Project, Outlook) and internet/intranet applications
- Highly computer literate with the ability to maintain accurate records
Benefits and Package:
- Competitive salary £30-£35k per annum
- Professional development and scope for progression
- Onsite free parking
- Easily commutable location
So, if you have the right qualifications, skills and experience please apply now!