Our Client based in Loughborough is looking for a Test Engineer for a minimum of 6 months work ( this could be extended or lead to permanent work)
The Role :
To work as part of testing team to conduct electrical testing of Company designed Products, PRISMIC components, Control Panels and Prototypes. In addition, carry out wiring mods, changes and supporting paper for the test project.
Testing & configuration of generator control equipment, AVR, protection relays and generation/completion of associated documentation.
Testing of Power Management System and Monitoring Systems equipment’s and generation/completion of associated documentation.
Complete and maintain Test Record sheets.
Support and facilitate Snr. Test Engineers for preparing test and conduct necessary testing.
Ensuring all test equipment is in calibration.
Required to liaise with internal/external stakeholders/suppliers, which may include external customers witnessing tests.
Assure compliance of components to drawing, design specification, mechanical and/or electrical test acceptance criteria through analysis.
Raise non-conformance records for all non-compliant components including sign off where required.
Electrical fault finding/investigations as required by design.
Undertake panel/product modification & wiring mods
Support in the creation of risk assessments and safe working procedures.
Undertake engineering tasks and perform tendering activity based on workload priorities.
All employees have a legal duty to take reasonable care for the health, safety and environment of themselves and of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions at work and to observe and follow the relevant systems, rules and methods of working.
The job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive and you may be required to undertake various duties as may reasonably and lawfully be required of you by the Company.
Ensure all data protection activities of personal and special category data; pertaining to current employees, customers and all other external stakeholders, are done so in line with the company’s data Protection Policy.
Qualifications & Attainment
• Minimum qualifications, Apprenticeship, NVQ Level 4 or HNC/D in Electrical engineering, although candidates with lesser qualifications but with extensive, proven, suitable experience will also be considered.
• 3-4 years of electrical testing HV/LV testing of Company Product or equivalent product line
• Hands on experience with LV control panel design.
Attributes & Disposition
• Must be vigilant and show integrity at all times towards the collection and presentation of electrical test data.
• Must have good communication and IT skills.
• Must be prepared to learn and teach new skills as and when required.
• Must be flexible and have problem solving skills.
• Analytical approach and practical skills.
• Must be an excellent team player/leader.
• Must be prepared for occasional travel to sister companies, customer’s sites, supplier facility and off site training facilities.
• Involvement with and proactively support all departmental activities and improvement opportunities.