Network Rail require a Risk and Value Manager to provide specialist Risk and Value Management (R&VM) assurance and support services to the IP Central Region, Enhancements portfolio.
Liaise with relevant project and programme teams to drive and embed R&VM Culture across the Enhancement projects community and increase R&VM maturity.
The successful candidate will have experience of @risk or Primavera - preferably both and will have worked with schedule and cost risk analysis
Rail experience is desirable
What you will do:
• Provide leadership and guidance to project teams in the concept of risk management, value management and lessons learnt, maintaining their application to all stages of the project lifecycle.
• Monitor all projects so that they comply with the risk and value management procedures mandated by Infrastructure Projects and Network Rail ltd..
• Facilitate risk, value management and lessons learned workshops as required.
• Monitor the output of others who undertake such workshops to monitor competence, consistency and compliance with Network Rail procedures.
• In conjunction with the Enhancements Leadership team, develop and maintain a high-level risk register (cost and schedule) for the Enhancements projects portfolio.
• In conjunction with the Principal Programme Controls Manager (PPCM), own and manage a forward programme of risk and value management interventions, supporting GRIP requirements for the Enhancements portfolio.
• Promote the joint evaluation of risks with principal contractors / suppliers to establish a basis for risk sharing and incentives.
• Comply with the R&V Competence Framework.
Your experience will include:
• Competent in all aspects of project and business risk management facilitation
• Able to build complicated cost, schedule and business risk models in a number of applications (including @Risk; Primervera Schedule Analyses (PRA) and Active Risk Management (ARM) databases).
• Able to explain the results of risk assessments to non-specialists
• Can suggest appropriate risk assessments and management actions for identified risks, to non-specialists
• Knowledge of risk management techniques within a capital project management environment