Senior Site Manager
£40,000 - £50,000 + car or allowance
Based Lympstone, Exeter
Contact Helen Phillips
We have a new and exciting opportunity for a Senior Site Manager to join a Main Contractor leading the site team on a new £10mil project! You will report into the Project Manager or Operations Manager and will have a team comprising the Site Manager and Assistant Site Manager reporting in to you.
As Senior Site Manager you will be working on a project that involves the construction of a new 5 storey accommodation block; and associated soft & hard external works. You will be required to organise resources and to direct the management of designated development projects to achieve progressive project completion to quality and specification and on budget.
As the Senior Site Manager you must be a proven operational, team player who can set direction and delivery within challenging market conditions.
Other duties will include but are not limited to:
- You will report to the Project Manager or Operations Manager.
- You will assume direct responsibility for the operational team on site, for example Site Managers, Assistant Site Managers, Labour and Contingent Worker Managers, in a line manager capacity.
- Be accountable for the delivery of works on site (whole or section), liaising with all functions, including commercial, design, services, planning and safety to achieve a positive outcome.
- Ensure that allocated projects or sections are completed in an effective, economic manner, to a high quality standard in compliance with the Company Procedures, and Delivering Excellence.
- Maintain a positive client interface and build strong relationships to supports the business’ strategy to secure repeat business.
- Take full responsibility for the delivery of projects (or sections) on site, allowing the Project Manager to undertake their role without unnecessary distractions.
- Deputise for the Project Manager when on leave or unavailable.
You must have significant experience of working on similar projects, for a main contractor, as well as in the management of H&S.
You must have experience of managing all aspects of the build process; you will be required to coordinate the packages from the design and procurement phase through to installation on site and handover. Trade experience and up to date knowledge of health and safety.
- You must be eligible to gain SC level security clearance or hold SC Clearance
- CSCS Card at Site Manager level
- Valid SMSTS certificate
- Valid First Aid at Work certificate
- NVQ Level 3-4, BTEC diploma in Building Construction or similar
- Valid Scaffold Appreciation certificate
- Valid LOLER certificate
- Qualified to the required CIOB Grade applicable at the time in accordance with Group policy
- Applicants must be computer literate, especially in MS Word, and it would be desirable to have a good working knowledge of MS Excel, Asta Teamplan or Power Project