We are seeking an Urban Traffic Control Technician to help our Intelligent Traffic System Team. In this role you will have an opportunity to be involved in a number of exciting projects including the GM Mayor’s congestion deal, the Made-to-Move cycling and walking projects, the Trafford Park Metro link extension and Salford and Bolton Network Improvement scheme.
We are not expecting any knowledge of traffic signals but if you are numerate and have an analytical mind, use Spreadsheets and AutoCAD and have a positive, organised and enthusiastic approach to work then please apply as soon as possible.
- Provide support to the team to develop, model and design transport schemes and systems.
- Apply knowledge of relevant design standards ensuring safe and efficient scheme designs.
- Support the effective operation of traffic signals. Assist the team in the investigation and analysis of the operation of traffic control monitoring systems to identify and resolve problems.
- Under the supervision of appropriate staff, undertake site visits to assess the correct operation of all traffic signal equipment including communication equipment.
- Use AutoCAD to update signal design drawings.
- £13.60 per hour
- Temporary contract initially until October 2019
- Central Manchester
- As we cover the whole of Greater Manchester you must have a full driving licence.
Please apply as soon as possible or call Olivia on 0117 917 4560