Working within the Rail sector your role will be to operationally manage a team of Resourcing Business Partners on a day to day basis and support the Head of HR – Resourcing to successfully deliver the resourcing strategy. Working closely with the business and HR teams you will plan short- and long-term resourcing requirements and manage complex recruitment campaigns/projects.
To make a difference you’ll need proven experience of working in partnership and building strong relationships with senior managers. Passionate and articulate, you’ll be confident in your ability to implement best practice recruitment solutions.
What you will do
• Operationally manage a team of resourcing business partners within area of responsibility. This includes recruitment, performance management, development and deployment of the resourcing team across Infrastructure Projects as appropriate to meet the requirements of the business (i.e. peaks in recruitment activity).
• Work closely with supported business area/s and HR teams to implement the IP resourcing strategy to include: resource planning, attraction, selection and assessment. Develop and implement local resourcing strategies/plans to address local issues such as hard to fill roles.
• Assist the business to resource plan, defining resource requirements and translating this into hiring activity forecasts. Monitor performance and delivery against plans and KPIs, taking action where required.
• Work across the resourcing team and HR teams to manage the deployment of people across projects, this includes planning for mobilisation and demobilisation of projects and the redeployment/internal movement of people.
• Support and influence the internal and external recruitment process, providing advice and guidance to managers throughout the full recruitment lifecycle. Monitor and keep up to date with changes in the external market, adjusting recruitment plans and strategies where appropriate and suggesting areas of improvement in resourcing practice.
• Lead on areas of the IP Resourcing strategy and Risk Register as directed by the Head of HR and Lead HRBP – Resourcing (for example attraction, resource planning, selection and assessment). This includes managing and delivering complex recruitment and selection projects/campaigns against agreed KPIs, timescales and to budget.
• Develop and sustain effective working relationships with both internal (HR, Senior Managers) and external stakeholders and partners. Interface with other areas of Resourcing (Resourcing Centre of Expertise, Capita, HR Shared Services), acting as an intelligent client to make sure an effective resourcing service is delivered to the business.
• Monitor resourcing performance KPIs and compliance for area of responsibility, taking action as appropriate to deliver improvements.
Your experience will include:
• Advanced influencing, negotiation and relationship building/partnering skills (with both internal customers and external suppliers)
• Advanced recruitment and selection delivery experience at an operational level
• Advanced problem solving and analytical skills
• Experience of delivering key projects or objectives through third parties/agencies
• IT literate and with experience of using applicant