Currently recruiting for x2 Health, Safety and Sustainability Advisors to work for Scotland's leading Contractor who manages projects in Construction, Utilities, House build, FM and Civil Engineering.
The first advisor will be based in Aberdeen and will cover projects in North East Scotland. These can range from schools, hospitals, wind farms, factories etc and be valued from small works up to £30m projects. This is a role for a very strong, capable advisor who is happy to progress into a managerial position with the business in the future.
The second advisor will be based in Inverness and cover projects in the Highlands and Northern Ireland.
- The ideal applicant should have practical experience of acting as a full time health, safety and sustainability advisor in the construction/new-build, civil engineering environments (utilities or street works). Your duties will include:
- Advise sites on Project-specific health, safety and environment issues
- Actively identify areas for improvement and contribute to plans aimed at reducing the occurrence of incidents
- Ensure that site teams are proactive, up to date and comply with current health, safety and environmental legislation, best practice and Company standards
- Undertake monitoring of the health, safety and the environment processes
- Assist with the investigation of incidents to establish the root cause and preventative measures
- Develop and maintain a ‘continuous improvement’ ethos in the approach to health, safety and environmental issues and support the Groups Behavioural Safety Program
- Ensure site based management are focused on delivering a safe and healthy working environment
- Support the Business Unite and Operation Management teams in all aspects of health, safety and the environment performance and management,
- Assist the Systems Manager with knowledge base management and research
Experience and Qualifications: