A new opportunity has become available to ensure budget holders are provided with the necessary financial information and advice in order to maintain budgetary control within the organisation. This will include support for both capital and revenue budgets and the budget setting process. The role will also provide key information to enable the closure of accounts process to be completed.
- Working through the Service Accountants the role will be expected to link closely with the Business Reporting Managers and their staff to ensure a co-ordinated delivery of financial support is maintained.
- To work with client services to identify, quantify and report/escalate significant financial problems or weaknesses through to Service Accountants.
- To provide support and/or attend strategic meetings with Business Reporting Manager and client departments to ensure officers are provided with the most accurate reliable and timely information.
Knowledge, skills & experience
- Demonstrates good understanding of high level and detailed medium term financial forecasting and budgeting processes.
- Demonstrates ability to provide and enable financial advice in relation to financial standards, options appraisal, and financial modelling.
- Demonstrates some experience of providing budget management advice and the ability to reflect within this the drivers and pressures of Services supported.
- Good knowledge of the range of software packages and demonstrates a good level of IT literacy.
- Senior AAT or Part CCAB Qualified
- Truro, Cornwall
- £ 15.77 per hour
- Temporary contract
Please apply as soon as possible or call Olivia on 0117 917 4560