Position Summary: Professional skill base – Mechanical - Field Service engineer £40k - £41k
On a day to day basis service engineers will be expected to fault find on Transmission and diesel engines fixing, replacing and fitting like for like components such as oil / fuel filters, fuel injectors, radiators, pipe and bearings etc.
Company van will provided to travel from depot to depot. Covering Bristol, Reading and Exeter.
Key Duties & Tasks:
- Travel to field-based job sites to troubleshoot and repair and associated products.
-Responsible for the installation, maintenance, repairs and troubleshooting and its associated products.
- Work with various departments to address concerns and issues that may arise at the depot from our customer.
- Document service visits and generate reports with action items.
- Carry out all reasonable instructions received from immediate line Manager and or Senior Staff.
- Work to and support all relevant 5S activities.
- Ensure work area at the depot is left clean and tidy after completing a repair.
- Provide technical assistance related to Company actions via phone and email queries.
- Follow standard work operating procedures for pre- and post-service preparation (submit personal expense reports, develop service reports, making travel arrangements).
- Follow all Environmental Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Communicate distributor feedback to company management.
- Work to achieve the goals and targets as set by the Service department.
- Involvement in New Product Development.
work alongside service engineers.
• Previous Service experience not essential but preferred
• Comprehensive Industry Knowledge
• Strong Customer-Facing Skills
• Strong Written and Verbal Communication
• Creative Problem-Solving
• Level 3 NVQ in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Self-motivated team player with a positive can-do attitude.
- 8 to 12 hours shifts Monday to Friday
- With 1 in every 2 weekends being on call
Share this post