Our client is a leading main contractor specialising in the Civil Engineering sector. They have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Buyer to join their team to help support their procurment function.
You will be required to have previous experience working in a construction procurement environment and be keen to progress your knowledge and experience into a Buyer role.
- Assist with the liaison with the supply chain with respect to the pre-qualification process.
- Co-ordinate and liaise with internal stakeholders with respect to the assessment of the pre-qualification questionnaires.
- Update and maintain the Approved Providers List.
- Develop and administer a system for monitoring supply chain performance, collecting performance data and producing management reports.
- Administer the system for purchase orders placement and hire agreements, ensuring the Procurement Procedure is followed.
- Produce the ITT documentation for package procurement following the Procurement Schedule and the SSCM additional requirements. To evaluate, negotiate and close agreements following the Procurement Procedure.
- Support the SSCM in establishing long-term arrangements with supply chain providers (plant, equipment, materials and in-directs)
- Represent Procurement at meetings.
- Provide weekly and period progress reports to the SPM.
10. Carry out other duties as required by the Buyer or Senior Procurement Manager.