As a Town Planning Manager you will manage town planning activities, within a specific geographic area, as the client lead for planning consent applications, and providing advice on a range of legislative, development and planning policy related issues associated with the construction and operation of a new high speed railway.
- Engage with local planning authorities on town planning matters associated with planning consent submissions, and hybrid Act related processes.
- Assist in the programming, preparation, review and submission requests for approval in accordance with Schedule 17 of the High Speed Rail (London – West Midlands) Act 2017 (the Act), working with engineering and environment teams, consultants and contractors as required.
- Manage, engage with and advise contractor and HS2 teams on the preparation of planning material for consents packages, for example ground investigations, enabling works, main works, rail systems, or works outside of Act limits, including advising on DCO/TWAO/TCPA processes and programme, and risk implications associated with these.
- Support with emerging business needs, for example assisting in design panel reviews, local technical engagement panels and local public engagement activities.
- Able to build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Presentation skills, and able to present and manage consistent and coherent messages and information to a diverse range of stakeholders
- Experience in town planning, ideally gained through infrastructure planning, dealing with major applications or appeals under the Planning Acts, Transport and Works Act Orders, hybrid Bill, IPC or DCO in the public and/or private sector.
- Experience of working and building successful relationships with multidisciplinary teams, and internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience of managing others, including contractors, to deliver accurate and timely planning related documents.
- £36300.00 to £45375.00 pa + benefits
Please apply as soon as possible or call Olivia on 0117 917 4560