Senior Auditor x 2
Pay rate: £19.31
Short term contract
My client are currently recruiting for a senior auditor’s in their office based out in the bath, the role will be working for a local authority so the ideal candidate must be coming from a public sector auditor background. The primary purpose of this post is to deliver a high quality service to clients by carrying out independent reviews of functions, services and projects and recommending improvements to service delivery within the respective Councils who are party to the Audit West Partnership.
Experience and duties
- Sufficient experience in internal audit, business or a financial environment, preferably in local government or other public sector employment.
- General or specific expertise in any area within the audit spectrum, able to convert the key risks in specific areas into a coherent plan to review and provide assurance to management.
- Good understanding of Local Authority Services with specific knowledge of the responsible Services, including an appreciation of current and proposed legislation / Council Policy and its effect on the Authority.
- As laid out in Grade Criteria plus .
- The ability to demonstrate a high level of interpersonal skills and communication, both orally and in writing, with Officers at all levels of the Authority and School Governing Bodies.
- Possess drive, initiative, flair in problem solving, decisiveness, adaptability and the capability of undertaking complex investigations with minimal supervision, to the tightest deadlines.
- Lead and participate in cross-service and cross-council initiatives in accordance with the Partnership’s and respective Council’s objectives as and when necessary.
- To support the Head of Audit West in ensuring that services are responsive to community needs and that equal opportunity issues are identified and addressed effectively.
- To support the Head of Audit West in ensuring that that effective external working relationships are established and maintained with organisations and agencies relevant to the work of the partnership.
If you would like more information on this role please call Courtleigh on 0117 917 4560.