Education Appeals Officer
A new opportunity has become available to provide full and wide-ranging administrative support to the education appeals function, working efficiently to the required standards within the statutory timescales. To administer all aspects (inputs, process, and outputs) of the education appeals databases, regarding admissions, exclusions, and home to school transport.
- Administering the education appeals back office functions
- Dealing with front office enquiries from admission authorities, parents and panel members, including confidential and sensitive matters (often as the first point of contact) via telephone, email, online, post, and in person.
- Preparation of letters and documentation according to local procedures and statutory/legal deadlines to inform appellants and admission authorities of arrangements of appeal hearings and any subsequent follow up.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills in all media: phone, email, letter and face-to-face
- High standard of written and spoken English with good analytical skills to interpret information
- Accurate with a high attention to detail and the ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Able to work flexibly (to a non-standard set of hours) and out of hours when required
- Possession of an enhanced DBS check or in agreement to obtain one.
- Temporary contract
- £13.26 per hour
Please apply as soon as possible or call Olivia on 0117 917 4560