Pay rate: £26.46
Long term contract
Monday-Friday (0900 – 1700)
My client are currently recruiting for engineer in their office based in South Gloucester.in the role you will be working in the service desk team. The Service Desk works with both internal customers, partner organisations and external third party ICT suppliers from an incident, request for service and problem management perspective. The Service Desk Engineers are responsible for ensuring the operating system and software applications used on council devices are fit for purpose. This domain is responsible for providing up-to-date client device images for staff and maintaining the overall health and security of the council’s end user compute estate as well as the relevant servers which control them.
- Produce effective and accurate documentation analysis and solution documentation.
- Working within tight deadlines, managing competing demands, and making sound decisions that enable practical and sensible solution implementations.
- Provide specialist, accurate and timely advice or information to a range of business and project stakeholders.
- Developing good working relationships with project teams and manage differing expectations and perspectives in a way that meets both individual and wider organisational needs.
- Investigate and/or assist where alerts from monitoring system are concerned to ascertain if issues are in progress or if monitoring should be further refined.
- Investigate and/or assist with the analysis of system logging to ensure it is operating as it should.
- Able to communicate effectively with a range of customers and stakeholders, in order to provide an excellent customer service.
- ICT service Operations and End User Device Engineering
- Relevant practical experience of delivering an ICT service in a complex operating environment.
- You will have or be working towards a degree in a computer related field, or the equivalent ICT technical knowledge, in a technical discipline related to the domain areas listed for each workstream team.
If you would like more information please call Courtleigh on 0117 917 4560.