Senior Quantity Surveyor
£45,000 - £65,000 DOE + Car allowance
Contact Helen Phillips – Fusion People
We have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join a leading nation FM Company on a permanent basis! Base on site near Camberley you will be working on a prestigious contract covering the South East. You will support the contracts commercial performance, provide a high standard commercial support to the regions teams including Risk Management, Account Verification, Value for Money and cost estimations.
As the Senior QS duties will include but are not limited to:
- Provide Commercial advise and support to the regional teams on their additional project and FM contract
- Tendering – management of tender queries and offer receipts
- Prepare tender evaluations and commercial recommendations
- Identify, manage, reduce and drive out unnecessary costs and inefficient activities
- Negotiate and agree additional projects final accounts with their contractors
- Maximise cash flow through timely preparation of valuations, submission of invoices and receipt of payment
- Manage supplier payments
- Develop high level of understanding of planning, programming and works order tracking to ensure accurate progress reporting
- Fully understand the project measures and performance criteria and influence the performance of our suppliers and teams against these metrics.
- Develop comprehensive understanding of financial models including cashflow; turnover forecasts and project profit / loss statements
- Manage and report on the clients budget as required within the contract and constantly strive to improve the value of the service we provide.
- Assist in the prompt preparation and settlement of all accounts.
- Ensure the prompt identification of risks in projects and implement risk management techniques, risk registers and actions plans to mitigate the risks
- Procure services and materials in an efficient manner
- Attend meetings as required
- All other QS duties as reasonably required through to final accounts
You must have working experience (5 years min) as a Quantity Surveyor within the Construction Industry or similar environment. You will be qualified to Degree level within a Quantity Surveyor or similar discipline and ideally be a member of a professional boy (MRICS).
You must have excellent working knowledge of commercial processes, dispute resolution, fraud prevention and Risk Analysis and Management.
Commercial experience on projects up to £3m or multiple projects up £500k.
You will be fully IT literate with excellent communication skills.
A full driving licence is required.