This role is In Scope of IR35
About the role / project:
The Supply Chain Accountant will support the Route Services Supply Chain function of Network Rail. This function manages Network Rail’s warehouse and logistics network and the procurement of materials and consumables on behalf of the wider company. The role will be the lead Supply Chain accounting expert, supporting the business to deliver day-to-day inventory management and advising on future system design and business change programmes. The ideal candidate will have good supply chain knowledge.
What you will do:
1. Provide financial support to stakeholders with respect to Oracle Supply Chain.
2. Support end to end implementation of systems from a finance perspective from accounting design through to user acceptance testing.
3. Produce and maintain a report of risks and opportunities relating to finance systems.
4. Manage request for change process from a financial perspective – incorporating documentation and approval process.
5. Work collaboratively to translate technical requirements into optimum and effective finance solutions.
6. Implement right first-time solutions to correct accounting errors at source.
7. Ensure adherence to internal controls and finance regulations. Prepare and record audit trails and balance sheet reconciliations as appropriate.
8. Monitor adherence to processes to maintain compliance. Identify and investigate non-compliances.
9. Document finance processes for heavy and non-heavy inventory items highlighting issues around processes, systems and controls.
10. Maintain business as usual accounting processes to achieve period end timetables.
11. Produce periodic inventory reconciliations. Analyse and understand discrepancies leading to prioritisation of remedial actions.
12. Ad-hoc responsibilities as necessary to support the overall achievement of team goals.
Your experience will include:
• Full Membership or currently AAT or similar qualification – with sound knowledge of accounting principles.
• Advanced knowledge of Oracle Supply Chain systems and Inventory Accounting.
• Experience of Oracle based systems and advanced Excel and IT skills.
• Excellent communication skills - verbal, written and presentation. Ability to communicate complex information effectively.
• Proven ability to engage clearly, persuasively and effectively with a range of stakeholders.
• Driven and determined to continually strive for improvement .
• Work with a degree of autonomy to achieve challenging goals.
• Experience working in a supply chain finance role or similar.
Share this post