Selective Group Recruitment is seeking a professional, self-motivated individual to join our UK client for the position of Senior Geotechnical Engineer, based in either Cardiff or Bristol. You will be reporting to the Business Director and working closely with the Team Leader, you will be accountable for managing the geotechnical components of projects, working in collaboration with other design disciplines and providing technical inputs to projects. The role will involve building relationships with clients and controlling commercial aspects of projects.
Job role: Senior Geotechnical Engineer
Location: Cardiff or Bristol
Salary: Negotiable (depending on experience)
- You will be accountable for managing the geotechnical components of projects, working in collaboration with other design disciplines and providing technical inputs to projects. The role will involve building relationships with clients and controlling commercial aspects of projects.
- This is for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer who has practical ground investigation and geotechnical design experience, to join our growing Geosciences business based in Cardiff, predominately working within our Utilities, Highways and Rail sectors, but also working on a wide portfolio of schemes throughout the UK.
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
- MEng in Civil Engineering with a Geotechnical bias
- BSc in Geology/Engineering Geology or Geotechnical Engineering
- Achieved or working towards Chartered Engineer (MICE or IOM3) or Geologist (CGeol)
- MSc in Geotechnical Engineering or related subject is desirable
- To be able to work independently with minimum supervision and provide direction to junior staff with excellent communication and motivational skills
- Proven experience on multi-disciplinary projects preferably in the UK
- Good numerical skills and significant experience in the analysis of a wide range of geotechnical problems
- Detailed geotechnical design experience including foundations, retaining walls and slope stability assessments
- Experience in earthworks design, specification and implementation
- Experience in ground investigation design and implementation
- Experience in the use of routine geotechnical design programs such as PDISP, WALLAP, SLIDE and SlopeW
If you are interested and believe you have suitable skills and experience to be considered for this position, then please apply.
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.