A new opportunity has become available carry out specific individual audits and will be reporting to the Head of Audit and Assurance.
- Plan, manage and deliver a responsive and cost effective element of the Audit & Assurance Service to the respective Clients within the Audit West along with any other commercial customers.
- Take a leading role in the management and development of the Partnership and Audit Service including provision of lead expertise for Client Management to an agreed portfolio of Clients.
- Provide advice to all levels of management on matters of risk management, operational and financial controls, best management practice, and value for money and to ensure that all the implications of policy and procedural changes are properly considered.
- A Professional Internal Audit, Accountancy or Business Management related Qualification.
- At least 3 Years’ experience in internal audit, business or an IM&T environment, 1 year of which should ideally have been at a supervisory level, preferably in local government or other public sector employment.
- Thorough knowledge and appreciation of a Risk & Assurance framework and how it is applied in a Local Authority setting. This would include an understanding of Services and Systems in a complex organisation such as a Local Authority and associated risks. This will include a detailed understanding of the main business critical systems or those with resource implications and procedures for risk & control.
- This position can be based in Bath or Clevedon.
- £28.18 per hour
- Temporary contract
Please apply as soon as possible or call Olivia on 0117 917 4560