Revit Technician (MEP CAD) – Basingstoke
6 month contract
£36-£40 per hour (Limited)
Contact Maxine Cadwallader; Fusion People Solent Office
Fusion People are looking for an MEP Revit Technician for a contract role based in Basingstoke working within a designing and engineering team for a Major Projects contract.
- Production of Working MEP BIM models and associated 2D Drawings in Revit environment
- Working with Engineers & Designers in modelling and drawing production
- Production of accurate coordinated 3D BIM models from/to Design Engineers mark-ups and schematic design for construction delivery.
- Production of both traditional as built Information and Asset Information Models
- Delivering model & drawing production in line with project BIM requirements and in conjunction with company CAD/BIM standards.
- Liaising directly with Design Engineering team to ensure client needs are met and projects are delivered on programme
Qualities and Skills required:
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience MEP BIM modelling (Autodesk Revit/Autodesk Fabrication based).
- Proficient in the use of software, Revit, Autodesk fabrication, AutoCAD, Navisworks Manager
- Have working Knowledge of industry standards such as PAS 1192-2, PAS 1192-3, BS1192-4 PAS1192-5 and BS 1192: 2007 etc.
- Proficient with data exchange formats such as DGN, DWG, NWD, IFC and COBie.
- Ability to interrogate Architectural and Structural information.
- Embedding and structuring data so it can used as part of the BIM validation process
- Creating/Amending Revit families as required to suit project requirements.
- Externally you will be required to liaise with Clients, Architects and contractors, maintaining good business relationships with all members of the team.
- Able to manage sensitive and sometimes confidential information
- Self-motivated and able to take responsibility with a flexible approach
- IT literate with the ability to identify and resolve BIM software specific problems.