Maintenance & Small Works Manager
£36,000 - £39,000
Contact Helen Phillips
We have an excellent opportunity for a Maintenance & Small Works Manager to join a leading Facilities Management company on a permanent basis based on site in Plymouth. You will be responsible for managing and ensuring the supply chain are delivering works to time, specification and budget – this includes predominantly small works up to around £15k, managing multiple additional works and maintenance tasks.
You will be required to run and manage multiple small projects.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- You will be responsible for multiple small works across the site
- You will be responsible for the delivery of the planned and reactive maintenance across the site.
- You will be responsible for building and maintaining excellent relations with the subcontractors on site to ensure they are performing.
- Driving the contractors to deliver works to time, specification and budget.
- Manage costs
- You will be responsible for client management and be their point of contact on site.
- You will also manage project work as required (Small works)
- Responsible for Health & Safety across the site
- Review Risk Assessments and Method Statements
- Write technical specifications for projects and response work
- Travel to other sites in the area as required
- Assess the competence of Skilled Persons
- Issues safety programmes and permits to work
- All other duties as reasonably required
Experience and training required for this position:
- Relevant qualifications in a Mechanical and/or Electrical (M&E) or Building & Civil (B&CE) or related discipline (or equivalent experiential experience) – (HNC or equivalent)
- You must have technical knowledge, competency of FM, Building Services and infrastructure.
- Experience managing multiple small works up to £15 - £20k
- You must have the ability to write technical specifications for projects and response works.
- Management level qualification in health and safety (SMSTS, IOSH etc.)
- IT Literate
- Excellent leadership and management skills with experience managing subcontractors ensuring they deliver work to the correct standard and timescales
- Management of a safe system of work
- Significant practical experience in an FM, Building Services or similar environment.
A full driving licence is required.
Apply now with a full CV detailing relevant experience!