Job title: Linux Systems Engineer
Contact Name: David Trogu
Job Type: Permanent
About the role
A well-established technology company based in the center of Bristol are looking for an experienced Linux Systems Engineer to join a team of very technical individuals.
As a Linux Systems Engineer you will…
Working in a small team within a ‘start-up’ environment you will participate in and influence all aspects of our IT infrastructure and services. You would support the development of embedded software and multi-platform tools (Windows, Linux & Mac) as well as silicon chip design.
You will need experience in the following:
- Linux system administration using CentOS and Ubuntu
- Virtualization technologies: VMware, iSCSI and SAN technologies
- Installation and configuration management systems for Linux: Puppet, Ansible, Vagrant
- Scripting skills in bash/python (or equivalent)
- Tools such as OpenVPN, NFS, rsync, git, NIS, SSH, NTP, CheckMK/Nagios
- Maintaining an IPv4 network including understanding firewall management and VLAN subnetting
- Managing physical infrastructure from measuring requirements and identifying potential solutions to deployment and delivery
It would be beneficial to have experience in:
- Windows server support and administration
- ARK server
- Office365 support, administration and management
- Scripting languages such as Perl
What’s on offer?
- A salary up to £55,000 depending on experience.
- Salary sacrifice schemes such as childcare vouchers.
- Pension scheme
If you are interested and would like to find our more please click to apply or contact Ben Williams on 0117 917 4560 or apply online. fg