Risk & Assurance Lead
Pay rate: £52,750.00 to £64,450.00
Monday – Friday (9-5)
My client are currently recruiting for a Risk & Assurance lead for a role based in their London office. The Risk and Assurance Manager will ensure successfully manages and assures against strategic risk through embedding a culture of risk awareness across the business. The role will lead and manage assurance activity in line with agreed assurance plans and frameworks, and will be responsible for risk governance including creating, embedding and maintaining an Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) framework.
A key part of the role will involve managing risk assurance across the business and ensuring company policies, procedures and internal controls successfully mitigate operational risk and best principles of ISO9001.
- Creation of an appropriate Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) governance framework, including risk policies and risk frameworks that cover risk scoring, risk appetite and risk escalation/de-escalation within RSSB.
- Implementation and maintenance of the ERM framework across RSSB, with responsibility for ensuring the correct scoping of any systems/software required to support the framework and managing the initial (and any subsequent) roll-out of the framework to staff.
- With support from the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), the Executive Committee, the Head of Strategy & Change and the Head of Financial Governance & Corporate Controls, the Risk and Assurance Lead will take the lead in embedding a risk culture across RSSB and ensure the rationale for sound risk and assurance practices are understood, accepted and acted upon by staff.
- Responsible for embedding risk management across RSSB, ensuring staff have the appropriate capabilities to manage, escalate and assure against risk effectively.
- Design, implement and continually improve risk training across RSSB.
Skills and experience.
- Certified Internal Auditor (IRCA)
- Experience of working together with independent regulators (e.g. BSI, FCA,ORR)
- Relevant ISO experience, including knowledge and application of ISO9001 (Quality Management Systems)
- Risk Management Qualification (e.g. FRM, Institute of Risk Management) desired but not essential
- Strong written, verbal communication and presentational skills.
If you are interested in this role and would like further information please call Courtleigh on 0117 917 4560