Private Sector Housing Officer
A new opportunity has become available to improve the living conditions and health of people in the District through the provision of inspection, advice and the regular and fair enforcement of housing related legislation, having regard to the Housing Act 1985 and 2004, the Housing Health and Safety Rating System and other related private sector housing legislation. To act as a Housing specialist to support other initiatives and strategies including empty homes and corporate risk work.
- B. Tech HNC in Building Studies or B. Tech HNC in Environmental Health Studies or equivalent qualification and or experience.
- Demonstrable experience of inspection and enforcement of standards in domestic premises including Housing Health and Safety Rating System
- Good knowledge of building construction including an ability to recognise defects and appropriate remedies.
- Familiarity with Decent Homes standard.
- Working knowledge of Housing legislation specially Disabled Facilities.
- Working knowledge of Houses in Multiple Occupation, standards and legislation.
- Knowledge of Local Authority housing role and current housing legislation.
- 1 year contract
- Tiverton, Devon
- £128.06 a day
Please apply as soon as possible or call Olivia on 0117 917 4560