Waste Contract Officer
The primary aim of the role is to monitor current complex waste treatment and disposal contracts the county has, ensuring performance is maintained and value for money is achieved. You will be expected to undertake a number of contract monitoring activities; ensuring the operation is as efficient as possible and within budget. To achieve this the post holder will assess and interpret data provided by contractors, Waste Collection Authorities (WCA) and partner organisations presenting any issues to the Waste Contracts Manager, with possible solutions.
- Must have full driving licence
- Jun 2019 - Dec 2019
- £19.85 ph
- Relevant demonstrable practical experience in waste management, environment or other related work.
- A high level of knowledge and experience of waste collection and treatment systems.
- Proven experience of working in project teams.
- A sound understanding of and the ability to interpret/implement current waste legislation and policy.
- Previous engagement with relevant external bodies, e.g. Waste Collection Authorities, contractors.
- Experience of the preparation of reports and complex numerical information.
- Experience of contracts and procurement.
Please apply as soon as possible or call Olivia on 0117 917 4560