Job Title: Fuel Technician
Location: Burton-on-Trent, Staffordshire
Pay Rates: £10 - £11.50 p/h
The individual should be familiar with the operation principles of various kinds of diesel engines, fuel system components such as Fuel Pumps, Injectors and pistons.
- Document all work activities and equipment maintenance.
- Troubleshoot issues related to engine fuelling.
- Install and repair fuel systems and parts of systems.
- Inspect fuel systems.
- Perform routine vehicle maintenance procedures, such as part replacements.
- Calibrate equipment used for fuel cell testing.
- Test fuel cells or fuel cell stacks, using complex electronic equipment.
- Install, calibrate, or operate emissions analysers, cell assist software, fuelling systems, or air conditioning systems in engine testing systems.
- Perform routine or preventive maintenance on fuel cell test equipment.
- Order fuel cell testing materials.
- Report results of fuel cell tests.
- To undertake training as and when required.
- To mentor trainees / apprentices when applicable.
- To report any near misses. 16. To comply with Company and statutory Quality, Health & Safety, Environmental and HR policies and procedures.
- To work to, and support, all relevant 5S activities.
- Adhere to a line managers’ written or verbal reasonable instruction.
- Maintain a good level of attendance at work.
Background & Experience:
• The ability to work within a changing environment with deadlines and short lead times.
• Good knowledge of fuel system components, calibration, phasing of different types of fuel pumps, conducting bench tests and preparing reports
• Take on any other reasonable responsibilities or tasks that are within the employee's skills and abilities
• To be able to contribute to the Team’s performance
• To have a friendly approach when working with others
• The ability to work on own initiative
- Recognised Mechanical Engineering apprenticeship or equivalent NVQ Level 3.
- Previous experience in rail or automotive industry
Key Skills, Competencies and Personal Attributes:
- Demonstrate Values of the company at all times: Reliable, Passionate, Collaborative, Safety, Customer Focus, Continuous Improvement, Teamwork, Leadership.
• Self-motivated team player with a positive can-do attitude.
• Organised & structured.
• Must be reliable and punctual.
• Must possess good vision and be able to identify different colours
Typical Hours Worked Monday to Thursday 07:00 AM – 17:00 PM Friday 13:00 PM Finish.
- Working in well ventilated areas for the summer months and heating for the cold winter months.
- Factory shop floor facilities are forever being well kept, with all correct welfare in place including canteen and lockers.
- The last hour and a half worked each day is paid at time and a 3rd once past the probationary period.
- After passing another 6 months probationary period you are then entitled to 3 months full sick pay and after that 3 months half sick pay.
- 25 days Holiday, Pension (EE pension Contribution matched up to 5%) and company sick pay.