SC or CTC Cleared - essential
Contract – long term
£350 - £425 a day
Contact Helen Phillips
We have an excellent contract role for a Finance Manager to start ASAP – You must hold active SC Clearance or CTC Clearance. Based Croydon.
Duties will include but are not limited:
- Monthly financial forecasts and year-to-date spending figures reflect the programme/project managers’ own financial models and accruals accounting is applied consistently and in a timely way.
- That processes, such as raising of Request to Purchase (RTPs) documents are managed efficiently and effectively;
- That budgets and expenditure comply with government accounting standards in line with resource and capital definitions and VAT regulations.
- Maintaining forecasts for CPFG IT projects as well as modelling the impact of changes to the critical path. This will require close collaboration with all project leads as well as senior management within the Programme.
- Meeting the requirements of their in-year reporting (Financial Management Unit, monthly) and to investment committees
- Monitoring & keeping track of approvals/ commitments against the budget to make an assessment on the accuracy of the budget holder’s forecast and working collaboratively with project leads to ensure forecasts are robust and accurate.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the business and being responsive to business requests for support and providing advice which adds demonstrable value.
- Timely clearance of submissions, escalating where appropriate.
- Specific and ad-hoc financial analysis exercises to support the mobilisation, implementation and steady state operation of CPFG IT.
- Due to the fluid nature of the Programme successful candidates may be asked to perform other duties commensurate to the post.
Skills and experience required:
- You must be fully qualified (fully qualified accountant)
- You must have an excellent working background as a Finance Manager ideally within a Government related environment or similar.
- You MUST hold active SC or CTC Clearance.
- Experience in government financial accounting – expected to be at least 3 years, i.e. knowledge of rules around accruals accounting in government and treatment of resource and capital expenditure
- Strong ability to collaborate with non-finance specialists and be able to present financial concepts/advice in ways that will be easily understood
- Financial qualifications – at least partially qualified and with sufficient desire to train further to maintain skills and knowledge.