£22,000 - £25,000
Contact Helen Phillips
We have an excellent opportunity for a Finance Assistant to start a permanent role with a UK Leading Facilities Management company based in their offices in Huntingdon!
This is a key role where you will provide financial and project accounting support to the Finance Managers.
As the Finance assistant your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Assist with month end process
- Assist with balance sheet reviews
- Assist with data analysis for regional reviews
- Provide support for Finance Administrator as required (monitor finance inbox)
- Provide support for Management Accountants as required (ad hoc)
- Prepare various client/internal reports
- To manage the day to day activities of specific accounting / funding streams.
- To review and deliver financial information to non-financial managers, identifying trends, opportunities and continuous improvement.
- To complete month end tasks according to the month end timetable.
- To undertake ledger reconciliations and investigate and report issues.
- To prepare and input journals.
- To prepare area Profit and Loss analysis and supporting information.
- To maintain, support and develop the open book accounting model.
- To maintain and review financial processes and controls, and promote understanding and compliance within the business through reporting and feedback.
- To contribute to statutory reporting.
- To support project accounting processes and procedures.
- To participate in other business projects / initiatives as requested.
- All other duties as reasonably required
You must have working experience as a Finance assistant or similar role within an office environment, ideally within a property maintenance, construction etc. or similar environment.
You must be minimum part qualified ACCA / CIMA
Proven experience of:
- Fully IT literate with excellent spreadsheet and word processing software skills
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Ability to prioritise and plan for self
- Self-confident and emotionally resilient
- Ability to inspire confidence
- Effective team-working skills