Vehicle Maintenance Fitter
Monday- Friday (0600-14.30)
Short term contract
Pay rate: £13.93
My client are currently recruiting for a Vehicle maintenance fitter for a role based in Tirtyberth. Inspect and maintain Authority’s fleet of vehicles, hired vehicles, and plant and equipment; and to undertake all mechanical and electrical repairs to VOSA and manufactures standards in line with business policies. Repair and maintain the Authority’s refuse vehicles, sweepers and gritting vehicles including all mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical systems, in accordance with the manufactures recommendations. Work to schedule of rates contract times and record all necessary documentation required in line with the Authority’s procedures.
- Repair vehicles including Hydraulics, Electrics, Pneumatics and Body work and Welding as required.
- Duties will include reactive repairs and planned service work.
- Service and repairs will be carried in the most efficient and cost effective manner.
- Ensure all paperwork is completed in line with departmental procedures and Quality Standards and passed on for inputting to Authority’s fleet management system as soon as practicable.
- Work within health & safety guidelines and have a responsibility for the health and safety of all fellow staff when undertaking with duties.
- Work to Quality Manual standards and procedures.
- Work with minimum supervision
- Relevant City and Guilds or Level 3 qualifications or qualifications at a similar level.
- Good knowledge of municipal vehicle repair and fault diagnostics.
- Good knowledge of HGV repairs and light commercials.
Good proven record of working on HGV vehicles, light commercials and working with municipal vehicles.
If you are interested in the role please call Courtleigh on 0117 917 4560.