We are looking for a Slipway Attendant to work at Penzance Harbour for two 9 hour shifts per week, that will include some weekends and bank holidays and occasionally split shifts as the work is dependent on the tides. However, we can be flexible regarding the days that are worked.
- Monitor boat storage pens and note details of vessels in or out.
- Keep storage pens clear of litter.
- Monitor tender racks and keep this area clear of litter.
- Attend to litter on Albert Pier.
- Monitor vehicles parking in slipway area and on Albert Pier.
- Collect launching fees from vessels.
- Monitor pontoons to check vessel waiting times and stop non boat users from going on to area.
- Enforce launching rules ensuring slipway clear of people whilst any boats are being launched.
- Manage launching of visiting boats arriving whilst sailing club launching taking place.
- Monitor the moorings and report any vessels broken adrift to Harbour Master.
- Stop any persons swimming or tombstoning in area of pontoon.
- Pressure wash slipway at low water as required to keep surface clear of weed.
- The role is required from 1st June 2019 for 4-5 months.
- Penzance, Cornwall
- £ 11.08 ph
Please apply as soon as possible or call Olivia on 0117 917 4560