Principal Surveyor - Estates And Facilities
A new opportunity has become available to be responsible for managing and motivating your team to ensure effective delivery of customer focussed services on time and within budget.
Duties will include
- Inspection of and reporting on the condition of all property.
- Preparing estimates.
- Preparing plans, schedules, specifications, estimates and tender documents.
- Obtaining tenders, issuing of works orders, supervision of works and settlement of accounts.
- Preparing committee reports and attending committee meetings as required from time to time by the post’s line manager or head of service.
- Preparing Schedules of Condition for lease documents.
- Preparing Schedules of Dilapidation and negotiating settlements of dilapidation claims with Council tenants and landlords.
- Update or carry out new Fire Insurance Valuations.
- Carry out fire and other relevant property related risk assessments and identify, cost and report on appropriate remedial measures to reduce risks to acceptable levels.
- Relevant experience
- Providing customer focussed services
- Significant experience at senior surveyor/engineer level and relevant experience within the building services industry.
- Supervisory skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to organise and prioritise workloads
- Project management
- Problem solving skills
- Use of standard PC applications
- Knowledge of surveying principles and techniques
- Contract management.
- £27.63 ph
- Temporary contract until August
Please apply as soon as possible or call Olivia on 0117 917 4560