Job Title: Project Manager
Salary: £30K – 40K (Negotiable depending on experience)
Our Derby based client have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Manager for a permanent role.
The Project Manager oversees the planning, implementation, and tracking of a specific project
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Create a detailed project plan in conjunction with the relevant departments which identifies and sequences and the activities needed to successfully complete the project
2. Determine the resources (time, cost, equipment, etc) required to complete the project and negotiate customer agreement
3. Monitor the project plan with the customer and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities and revise the schedule as required
4. Determine the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion
5. Coordinate relevant departments to ensure execution of project successfully
6. Ensure that all project personnel receive appropriate communication to ensure all key milestones are understood
7. Set up files to ensure that all project information is appropriately documented and secured
8. Monitor and approve all budgeted project expenditures
9. Monitor cash flow projections and report actual cash flow and variance to senior management on a regular basis (monthly/bimonthly)
• Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality
• Evaluate the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase
1. Customer/Client Focus
2. Decision Making
3. Ethical Conduct
4. Drive for Results
5. Strategic Thinking
6. Financial Management
7. Technical Capacity
9. Written and verbal Communication
Responsible to support the development of the Assistant Project Managers and Apprentices.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard equipment such as computers, phones, printers/photocopiers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a senior leader to successfully perform the essential functions of this job; speaking, listening, mobility to navigate customer, supplier and other offices and manufacturing sites, use of phone and computer technology.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time, minimum 37 hours/week position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Thursday, 07:20 to 15:50 and Friday 07:20 to 12:20 but flexibility in hours is allowed in order to meet business requirements.
Travel is not expected regularly but may be required occasionally to meet business requirements.
Required Education and Experience
1. University Degree in a related subject
2. Rolling Stock and/or vehicle Electronics experience desirable
3. Knowledge of project management
4. Strong IT Skills
d. Internet & E-mail
Preferred Education and Experience:
1. Prince2 or PMP certification