Desk Analyst/ 1st Line Support
To perform as part of the 24 x 7 x 365 shift team within the Technical Service Desk, providing 1st line IT support and excellent customer service across a range of UK based and International customers.
Major tasks and activities
- To answer calls received to the Service Desk, logging all calls received as issues or requests to agreed standards.
- To utilise active listening techniques to understand and interpret customer requirements when logging calls, prioritising them against agreed SLAs.
- To utilize problem analysis techniques to diagnose and rectify technical problems and queries following first line fix criteria, and where possible resolve at first call.
- Escalate as appropriate to ensure a prompt restoration of service arranging for the relevant 2nd and 3rd line specialists to address and resolve incidents.
- To perform a customer facing role focused on delivering first class customer service, against established Service Desk performance targets and SLA’s.
- Proven Service/Help Desk experience.
- Customer Service Experience, both face to face and over the phone.
- Proven experience in using a Service Management system to manage all incidents and requests.
- Experience in troubleshooting Microsoft Applications, Printer faults and Operating systems.
- Ability to apply technical fixes, using agreed IT toolsets
- Ability to utilise active listening, analysing and understanding the needs of the customer
- ITIL awareness
- Ability to progress escalations
- An understanding of Active Directory, Exchange, Cisco IP Phones, Remote Assistance/Desktop, and Server Infrastructure