Senior transport planner x5
Pay rate: £450 a day
Long term contract
My client are currently recruiting for Senior Transport planners for their office based in Oxford. In the role they will be looking for ideal candidate who can assist in the development and delivery of the capital programme of transport infrastructure schemes funded by Growth Deal and HIF. To be responsible for providing experienced technical input to help shape transport infrastructure.
- To be responsible for the scope, evidence and planning elements of transport infrastructure schemes.
- To lead option appraisal and scheme feasibility, initial costing and other assessments to determine priorities and provide an initial assessment of scheme costs/benefits (through management of consultants.
- To liaise with the Local Planning Authorities about the schemes
- Supervise and support junior members of staff within the team
- Represent the Council at meetings, public exhibitions and other events and provide support to senior officers as appropriate.
- To be an expert witness an Examination in public regarding planning and Compulsory Planning Orders.
- Experience of the development plan system.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to successfully deliver complex and challenging programmes of work through effective partnership working in a political environment
- Experience of commissioning and managing consultants using a variety of procurement routes
- Experience of working in a planning/transport planning environment
- Experience of leading complex projects or programme of works
- Experience of supervising/managing junior members of staff
- Experience of budget management.
Flexible working is acceptable, must be at least 3 days in the office in Oxford and available to travel around the county for site visits.
If you would like more information on this role please call Courtleigh on 0117 917 4560