Housing - Assistant Officer City Homes
To be responsible for maximising the collection of all rental income and other monies, by taking proactive action with tenants and leaseholders or residents of the temporary housing service to maximise their income, minimising their outgoings and enabling them to pay their rent effectively. Where this is not possible to instigate court action to minimise rent arrears.
To deliver a range of comprehensive Tenancy and Estate Management housing services to Cambridge City Council tenants, leaseholders and residents within a neighbourhood or residents of the Temporary Housing Service and clients of the Housing Support Service. To manage the void process and give assistance to tenants moving in/out of City Council properties.
- Practical experience of working in a large social housing provider.
- Demonstrable experience of working in tenancy management or in similar enforcement or community development role
- Significant practical experience of working in debt and benefit advice
- Practical experience of dealing with rent arrears owed by a social housing tenants
- Experience of cash handling and reconciliation of cash handling
- Experience of visiting customers/clients in a face to face in a service setting
- Experience of visiting customers/clients within their own environment eg home which may be outside of normal working hours – lone working
- Experience of needs/risk assessment and support planning
- £14.34 ph
- Temporary contract
Please apply as soon as possible or call Olivia on 0117 917 4560