We are seeking an accomplished, career minded Senior Project Manager to lead a team working on Capital projects within the Water sector.
Our client is a leading, global, natural and built asset design consultancy working to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of design, , engineering, project and management services. They have an international reputation in the delivery of complex, stimulating schemes and are working closely with blue-chip clients to deliver large scale developments throughout the Water industry.
Will manage and deliver programmes of work to meet defined objectives with overall responsibility for delivery in line with budgetary, compliance, regulatory and planning controls; significant technical knowledge and experience is essential. Main responsibilities are:
- Delivering projects of reasonable complexity up to £100m+ in value - to budget, quality and time metrics.
- Accountability for timely and accurate data collection, analysis and reports.
- Interpreting and communicating project support policies, processes and systems.
- Communicating and highlighting project process compliance issues to project managers.
- Leading performance management of project teams / resources.
- Delivering work in line with budgetary, compliance, regulatory and planning controls.
Main Factors of role:
- Working with established financial systems and clear project objectives to produce plans, schedules and track budgets.
- Managing small to medium scale projects or programmes of work, delivering the required scope of work within set deadlines.
- Presenting any project risks or issues to senior managers to ensure the project is not adversely impacted, and ensure the delivery of projects to compliant standards.
- Analysing and reviewing a range of data to identify key themes and trends and use the outputs to produce recommendations that support project decision-making.
- Reviewing project processes and policies, providing advice to support management in developing and improving processes and systems.
- Interacting effectively across the organisation, completing complex professional level tasks for others to ensure projects/programmes are delivered to meet customer expectations
- Advising on issues relating to own projects, providing subject matter advice to support delivery and ensuring there is alignment between policy and operational practice.
- Collaborating with stakeholders and third-party contractors, to ensure all parties are informed and aware of project progress and expectations.
Background for the role:
A dynamic, challenging job with international focus in a supportive working climate, level of education and a competitive remuneration package reflect the seniority of the role. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.
Attainment of OR near attainment of relevant professional certification or chartered status is sought.