A quality led house builder are looking to recruit a Technical Engineer to work from their Leeds office.
The Technical Engineer will be responsible for managing technical and site infrastructure matters from planning approval through to construction and final estate adoption/closure.
You will provide best value solutions, coordinate and deliver all engineering and utility design details/information in line with planning approval, building regulations,
budget and build programme requirements.
Primary Tasks / Duties of the Role
• Secure and ensure that all technical information, drawings/details, services/suppliers enquiry letters, quotations and acceptances, technical approvals/agreements (S104 & S38, etc) and on-site service connections are issued
and received in accordance with all statutory and planning approval requirements in line the agreed drawings, specifications, build and sales programmes and budget requirements covering foundations, all main services, roads and sewers, drainage, earthwork plans, boundary details, street scene and technical design and health & safety requirements and plans.
• Check in association with our external legal teams all legal agreements including section agreements, deed of easements, utility provision (in conjunction with Services Engineer) etc
• Advise on and commission the appointment of external consultants (for site investigations, structural and civil services, topographical, environmental investigations and dilapidation surveys, flooding reports and transportation assessments, etc) and ensure consultants comply
with the terms of their formal appointment such that that all information and reports are received, reviewed and checked, co-ordinated and distributed on time and within budget and the company procures best value design and input from
• Develop effective interfaces and communication channels with consultants, contractors, suppliers other stakeholders, including, but not limited to: -
▪ Contracts Manager
▪ Site Manager
▪ Building Control Officers
▪ Local Authorities and statutory bodies (Highways, Environmental Health)
▪ Environmental Agencies
▪ Warranty Providers
▪ Clerk of Works
• Attend and actively participate in all pre-Start meetings, monthly site meetings and other meetings as required to review and assess progress and provide constructive and frequent feedback on project performance.
• Ensure the timely distribution of all relevant drawings and technical information to Construction, Sales and Commercial to ensure production targets and budgets are achieved in accordance with the overall build programme.
• Prepare and submit update and evaluation reports and attend and contribute to meetings as required by Construction Management, Sales, Technical and Commercial departments to ensure that engineering and architectural
activities maximise the efficiency of build programmes.
• Provide on-going technical support and guidance to other internal departments and colleagues to ensure that any remediation works on site are cost effective and on programme.
• Input and maintain computer based databases and/or other data management/reporting systems.
• Work as part of a team to deliver best value schemes actively promoting best practice and playing a positive and productive role in assisting the team to continually monitor, assess and improve performance and enhance
both individual and team contribution to the achievement of our business goals and reputation.
• Share knowledge and assist other staff members in carrying out their duties.
• As part of the Technical Department’s role in CDM prepare and issue in association with other relevant departments information in line with the Company’s Health and safety Policies for each development.
• At all times comply with responsibilities under the Company’s Health and Safety and Environmental Policies and all other company policies, procedures and instructions
• Any other duties as reasonably requested to enable the department meet its requirements and obligations.
A reputable private house builder who produce 400 units annually with a large established land bank. They build traditional open market private housing ranging from semi/detached homes up to 5 bedrooms and apartments in Leeds and the surrounding area.
It is likely you will have previously worked as either a Technical Engineer,Engineer,Design Engineer,Development Engineer, Technical Coordinator or Design Engineer/Engineer
in a similar house building environment. Experience in housing is essential.
You will require the following:
• Knowledge of specific design and specification features with regards to road and sewer agreements and maximise value to the Company.
• Knowledge of utility companies, procedures, license and legislating framework.
• Sound working knowledge of all CAD and other software civil engineering packages, cost accounting and data management systems used by the company
• Understanding of CDM Regulations, LABC/NHBC requirements and Codes of Practice
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• A high degree of self-motivation and drive
• Influence and persuasion
• Problem solving / delegation
• Self development
If you feel that you have the correct skills for this role then please forward CV's to Adam Shaw on the link provided.
Share this post