A quality led house builder are looking to recruit a Services Coordinator to work from their Leeds office.
The Services Coordinator will be responsible for co-ordinating development services/ utilities from feasibility stage through to site delivery and completion.
They will provide best value solutions, coordinate and deliver utility design details/information in line with planning approval, building regulations, budget and build programme requirements.
They will support and assist the Services and Adoptions Manager and other Technical Team members in other duties to support the Technical Team and regional business goals.
Primary Tasks / Duties of the Role
• Coordinate. Procure and issue designs for development mains infrastructure and service connections and ensure designs accord with development designs, statutory and planning guidance/ requirements,
technical design and health & safety requirements and regulations. Ensure the timely removal of existing services in order that development sites are safe for our Construction teams to begin development.
• On time. Provide information on time in line with agreed pre-development, build and sales programmes. Ensure that all payments to be made in advance to facilitate infrastructure and plot connection works
are made in a timely manner so as not to negatively impact the efficiency of build programmes.
• Options analysis. Provide and review alternative options and designs to meet budget requirements for all main services, plot connections and street lighting.
• Assist with checks in association with our external legal teams all legal agreements, deed of easements, utility provision etc
• Right first time. Ensure services information is accurately co-ordinated, issued, reviewed and filed in line with company protocols. Ensure that all design information, services/suppliers
enquiry letters, quotations legal approvals/agreements relating to services are checked and in place.
• Control the flow and revision of information for services designs to all stakeholders, including, but not limited to:-
▪ Contracts Managers
▪ Site Managers
▪ Local Authorities and statutory bodies (Highways, EA, EHO, HS&E)
▪ Warranty Providers
▪ Clerk of Works
• Collaborate. Attend and actively participate in pre-start meetings, monthly site meetings and other meetings as required to review and assess progress and provide constructive and frequent feedback regarding
• Prepare reports when required by Construction Management, Sales, Technical and Commercial departments to ensure that utility activities maximise the efficiency of build programmes.
• Work as part of a team to deliver best value schemes actively promoting best practice and playing a positive and productive role in assisting the team to continually monitor, assess and improve performance and
enhance both individual and team contribution to the achievement of our business goals and reputation.
• Improve. Build an understanding of industry best practice and share knowledge and assist other staff members in carrying out their duties.
• At all times comply with responsibilities under the Company’s Health and Safety and
Environmental and Corporate Responsibility Policies and all other company policies, procedures and instructions
• Any other duties as reasonably requested to enable the department to meet its requirements and obligations.
A reputable private house builder who produce 400 units annually with a large established land bank. They build traditional open market private housing ranging from semi/detached homes up to 5 bedrooms and apartments in Leeds and the surrounding area.
It is likely you will have previously worked as either a Services Coordinator or similar role for a housebuilder or relevant housing/ organisation on housing projects.
• Technical knowledge with regards to utility provision for residential housing development would be preferred
• Knowledge of utility companies, procedures, license and legislating framework
• Working knowledge of cost accounting and data management systems used by the company
• Awareness and understanding of CDM Regulations.
• Communication organisation and presentation skills
• A high degree of self-motivation and drive
• Team work
If you feel that you have the correct skills for this role then please forward CV's to Adam Shaw on the link provided.
Share this post