PRV Trainee Engineer
You will work on our Thames Water contract (prominently in Thames Valley area)
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
The role will include but not limited to the assistance of:
Completion of PRV/PSV/PMV maintenance tasks which include; servicing, optimisation, replacement ,commissioning etc
• Installation of controller units
• Maintenance on existing controller units
• Surveying existing PRV’S
• Flow and pressure logging
• Fault finding of networks
• Flow meter maintenance/repair
• Any other tasks that need to be carried out by line manager.
You must hold a full valid UK driving licence and previous experience within the water industry would be advantageous but not essential as full training will be given.
We are looking for candidates with the following attributes:
- A Health & Safety focus
- A demonstrable ability to work in a physically demanding environment (working outdoors)
- A Full driving licence
- A flexible approach to work, and a willingness to take on new skills in order to become a PRV Engineer
- A willingness to work variable hours (you will form part of a PRV team Call Out rota) The ability to work alone and as a team
- Good communication and basic IT skills
Possession of the following current certification would be advantageous:For more information please apply within or call Jordan on 02076531356 or 07889812744. Due to a high volume of applications we are not always able to reply to all applications. If you have not received an update from us within 2 weeks then please accept this as an unsuccessful application.
• NRSWA Unit 2 Signing, Lighting and Guarding
• City & Guilds Level 2 Award in Working in Medium Risk Confined Spaces
• Blue card (Water Hygiene)