Environmental Protection Officer
A new opportunity has become available to provide technical support within the environmental protection team, undertaking duties necessary to fulfil the commitments and statutory responsibilities with regard to Pollution Control, Public Health and Abandoned Vehicles.
- Carry out environmental protection inspections, investigations, audits and other procedures and methods using education, advice and enforcement techniques to achieve legal compliance, customer satisfaction and service quality standards.
- The range of duties will include domestic nuisances and refuse accumulations and other similar duties as may be allocated from time to time.
- To determine and pursue an appropriate enforcement approach in relation to the duties outlined in 1 above.
- To inspect the borough for abandoned vehicles and serve appropriate notices and documentation to secure their removal and to lease with contractors over removal.
- Experience of working in a regulatory role, preferably in a local authority or public service organisation.
- Experience of dealing with members of the public, preferably in investigating complaints or responding to other request for service.
- Relevant experience in a scientific, environmental or enforcement position.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation relating to the position.
- £17.42 per hour
- Temporary contract
Please apply as soon as possible or call Olivia on 0117 917 4560