A new opportunity has become available to progress proposals for Highway Adoptions from planning permission stage to adoption. You will ensure that legal agreements are fit for purpose and that all construction work is monitored in accordance with government and guidelines, policies and procedures and assist the Principal Engineer in ensuring that layouts of new roads and changes to existing roads are designed and built to meet the standards and appropriate contemporary urban design standards by working with other officers, developers and local planning authorities.
Educational achievements, Qualifications, Training and Knowledge:
- HNC or equivalent in relevant engineering, planning or transport discipline
- CSCS qualification
- Experience of negotiating and engrossing road agreements (Section 38 and Section 278 Agreements) for the provision of transport services and infrastructure
- Experience of the road adoption process from initial submission to final adoption
· Experience of site supervision of highway infrastructure together with sound record keeping
- A working knowledge and experience of road construction design and specifications and other associated infrastructure
- Knowledge of highway construction materials, their properties and uses
- Understanding of the relevant section’s highway law relating to the function of this post.
- Temporary contract
- £35 per hour
Please apply as soon as possible or call Olivia on 0117 917 4560