Site Operative & Craftman
The Skilled Construction Site Operative & Craftman will be responsible for the delivery of highway maintenance, civil engineering and structural engineering schemes throughout South Gloucestershire.
To undertake civil engineering, structures and highway maintenance works. Ensure that a good standard of workmanship is delivered. Undertake general manual labouring work and assist in specialist practices such as fencing, drainage, earthworks, asphalt mixes, kerbing, landscaping and structures works. Ensure safe methods of work are employed at all times including safe operation of plant and equipment. Be responsible for your own safety on site as well as your fellow workers and the general public.
- Check and ensure work is completed to the required standards with any suggestions made to improve service quality.
- Operate/use specialist equipment on a daily basis to a high standard ensuring that safety procedures are followed and reporting faults and breakdowns as part of routine checks of equipment.
- Work within the approved safe system of work, ensuring the safety of yourself, colleagues & others affected by your actions and report any issues of concern.
- A valid driving licence with category B.
- Minimum of five years relevant experience of highway maintenance and construction work
- Be able to use basic construction equipment
- New Roads & street Works Accredited Operative
- Formal training in the use of small plant, such as, but not limited to, abrasive wheel, hydraulic breakers, vibrating plates, vibrating rollers, dumpers and excavators.
- Have site safety experience
- £12.97 per hour
- Temporary contract
Please apply as soon as possible or call Olivia on 0117 917 4560