Job Title – Procurement Manager
Location – London (St Pancras/Singlewell-Kent)
Rates - c£425 per day (PAYE) Role is In Scope of IR35
About the role / project:
In this role you will develop, implement and maintain contracting and commercial arrangements covering a specific portfolio and maintaining optimum value for money.
The High Speed One line is embarking on their first set of renewals and so it is essential to keep to deadlines. This includes electrical & plant, mechanical & electrical, station works, minor civils and track work.
What you will do:
1. Lead and direct the preparation of overarching Contract Strategy for the NRHS business unit encompassing all external requirements throughout current and future control periods, maintaining the strategy with respect to the Business Strategy.
2. Develop and continually enhance, project specific procurement strategies that complement the National Category/NRHS Contract Strategy and maintain security of supply and value for money and HSQE performance for a range of contracts.
3. Perform the full range of procurement and contracting activities including pre-qualification, tender management, negotiation and preparation of contracts.
4. Provide procurement advice on an asset wide basis relating to specific portfolio issues.
5. Exercise compliance with Network Rail policies, procedures and governance and legal (including EU Directives) and regulatory requirements.
6. Develop and maintain Local NRHS Procurement Procedures, promoting awareness and compliance across the business.
7. Manage a range of preferred suppliers developing positive supplier relationships aligned to business objectives.
8. Identify cost reduction and efficiency opportunities and contribute to the achievement of efficiency targets for a specific portfolio.
9. Support the process for the measuring of supplier performance so that effective feedback takes place to facilitate continuous improvement.
10. Exercise delegated authority to procure in accordance with established policies and governance.
Your experience will include:
• A background in rail.
• Must be competent at managing complex OJEU.
• Background in Infrastructure Projects.
• Sound commercial aptitude and sound knowledge of relevant Supplier Market.
• Varied and successful procurement and contracts background with experience of negotiation and developing and implementing procurement and contract strategies.
• Ability to communicate strategies and concepts simply and effectively and to persuade and influence stakeholders.
• Knowledge of EU Procurement Directives.
• Awareness of contract requirements safety and contract requirements environment.
• Knowledge of e-procurement.
• Experience with using Bravo.
• Membership of relevant professional institute.
• Knowledge of the rail industry.
• Educated to degree level.