Environmental Health Officer
Pay rate: £30 an hour
37 hours a week
Short term contract
Monday to Friday 08.30 – 16.30
Role based in: Yate
Must be a qualified Environmental Health Officer or equivalent in EP work = not interested is seeing anyone without the appropriate EP work experience.
The role duties:
- Administer and oversee Nuisance Legalisation, policies and procedures
- Investigate, establish statutory nuisance or not, keep the customers informed and serve notice and take formal proceedings if appropriate.
- Respond to and deal with the variety of EP calls we receive, dealing with noise and nuisance complaints (smoke, dust, odour, etc).
*Please note* Not to do the industrial pollution control work, air quality or contaminated land work as mentioned in role profile attached.
1. Must be a qualified Environmental Health Officer or equivalent in EP work
2. Demonstrate authoritative knowledge of the specialist area.
3. Good persuasion and influencing skills.
4. Experience of planning work activities within general professional guidelines and/or Council’s policies.
5. Experience in Environment Health processes and procedures as well as a good understanding of the service delivery environment in order to provide excellent customer service.
6. Able to manage your workload, prioritise and respond to demands to ensure both customer satisfaction and legislative requirements are met.If you are keen on the job please call me on 0117 917 4560 and ask for Courtleigh